A Shiksa on a Mission

Balaboosta (n.)(bah-lah-b00-sta) A Yiddish term meaning the perfect housewife
I'm a shiksa on a mission...
It may not be perfection but it's the journey that counts

Saturday, February 26, 2011

The Girl Effect

I'm a girl and I have a girl and I know a girl. I guess you could say I'm Pro-Girl. And I'm inspired by my friend, Mark, who is working on this new project. The Girl Effect is a program aimed at getting the word out about girls because girls in developing countries are particularly vulnerable to the most damaging aspects of poverty, illiteracy and disease. And saving a girl can help save everyone.

The Girl Effect is worth checking out, worth supporting and worth sharing with a friend or two. When I find something that inspires me, I want to pass it along. And I'm hoping you do too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

So that's what I have to say. What about you?