A Shiksa on a Mission

Balaboosta (n.)(bah-lah-b00-sta) A Yiddish term meaning the perfect housewife
I'm a shiksa on a mission...
It may not be perfection but it's the journey that counts

Monday, February 14, 2011

Horse of a Different Color

The search for a job is soul sucking. And also sometimes just idiotic. As I troll the ads lately, I'm tempted to apply to some of the more amusing ones but I fear I'll only get the jobs worthy of ridicule. Case in point, I recently read an ad for a job working at a local Portland news station for a sort of desk assistant who does the desk work of phone answering, appointment making, etc but also watches news headlines on the computer and must be able to work at a high pace. Yet the list of qualification not only included but BEGAN with Applicant must be able to identify colors. Right? Colors. I'm feeling like this is my opportunity to make my move into the fast paced world of television journalism.

Dear Hiring Committee:
I know all of my colors.
Call me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

So that's what I have to say. What about you?