A Shiksa on a Mission

Balaboosta (n.)(bah-lah-b00-sta) A Yiddish term meaning the perfect housewife
I'm a shiksa on a mission...
It may not be perfection but it's the journey that counts

Monday, March 14, 2011

The Cranberries

A late start day is just begging for baked goods so I made Grand Central Bakery's Cranberry Orange Bread. If you are like me, cranberry season triggers the hoarder deep down inside. I buy cranberries on every trip to the store to keep in the freezer and make cranberry season last just that much longer. I used most of the other ones for Cranberry Clementine Marmalade but I did keep some for breads and muffins.
So glad I did. This bread was so soft and tart and worthy of a late start morning. I left out the nuts simply so I didn't have to hear the kids complain or pick up little pieces of bread covered nuts. Instead, they inhaled this bread without a single peep of negativity.
If you live in Portland, you know about Grand Central Bakery. If you've hesitated to buy this book, I can tell you that the recipes always come out just like the Bakery. They are large recipes but they are perfect.




No comments:

Post a Comment

So that's what I have to say. What about you?