A Shiksa on a Mission

Balaboosta (n.)(bah-lah-b00-sta) A Yiddish term meaning the perfect housewife
I'm a shiksa on a mission...
It may not be perfection but it's the journey that counts

Thursday, March 17, 2011

Kosher in Denmark

I finally acquired the Danish Pancake pan I've been lusting after ever since the kids devoured their first plate of these delicious little delicacies at Broder. Was it worth the wait? Oh, yes. These pancakes were so fun and easy to make and the kids attacked them as if they hadn't eaten is days. The recipe came with the pan from Williams/Sonoma but I found another recipe I'm going to try that looks quite similar. I used butter instead of oil and milk instead of buttermilk but I'll try it both ways. I didn't fill the pancakes (the only downside for the kids who kept reminding me that we do have Nutella in the pantry). Instead we ate them with syrup or orange marmalade and a dash of powdered sugar which is apparently not enough sugar to keep them from mentioning the chocolate chips that are also lingering in the pantry but enough tastiness to entice little fingers to snatch them off the plate still too hot to handle.










1 comment:

  1. Those look YUMMY!! I'd vote for nutella too :)

    ReplyDelete

So that's what I have to say. What about you?