A Shiksa on a Mission

Balaboosta (n.)(bah-lah-b00-sta) A Yiddish term meaning the perfect housewife
I'm a shiksa on a mission...
It may not be perfection but it's the journey that counts

Wednesday, March 2, 2011

On My Mind

I wanted to share a few things I just love to pieces.


This kick by Wayne Rooney. Watch the whole clip to see the amazing bicycle kick goal. It has everything I adore: soccer, Brits, amazing feats of strength.




This clip is from All About Eve which is tied with Citizen Kane as one of my most favorite movies ever to exist. It contains the famous line: "Buckle your seat belts. It's going to be a bumpy night." It is the way I think movies should be. And I want to live in that apartment. I also once bought a cocktail dress mostly because it had pockets like the one Bette Davis rocks in this party scene. She is nothing if not amazing and Margo Channing will forever be one of the most amazing characters.

My bitchin' leg warmers given to me by my friend for my birthday. Wearing a skirt is the winter is now functional and fabulous. When I wore them yesterday, a woman commented, "those are tight." Yes, they are. Tight.




And this song by Franz Ferdinand. It's not high art but it is fun. And so reminiscent of the 80s. . . I can dance to it while wearing my leg warmers.

What do you love right now?

No comments:

Post a Comment

So that's what I have to say. What about you?