A Shiksa on a Mission

Balaboosta (n.)(bah-lah-b00-sta) A Yiddish term meaning the perfect housewife
I'm a shiksa on a mission...
It may not be perfection but it's the journey that counts

Friday, April 15, 2011

Cowgirl Blanket

Finally finished this blanket for my awesome little niece. It's her cowgirl blanket of warm fuzziness. I was inspired in three parts. One was my friend, Sarah (aka Rah Rah) who made a gorgeous blanket for her friend's soon to be arriving little one. Secondly was the wombat costume that I helped make for another friend's kid who needed it for a play. Because when you think of me, you think there is a chick who knows how to craft a good wombat costume for a fifth grader. And, lastly, I was inspired to finish it by a friend who sent me an invitation to her annual Get Your S*!t Together Day. So I did. Voila. With a little help from Pandora's Kings of Leon station, some Stumptown coffee and the continual downpour that is Portland's version of early spring, I was able to put all the pieces together for my first blanket.


The denim is from some of Emeron's old jeans that had too many holes in them. Still had to pry them from his hands even though they bared several inches of ankle along with scabbed knees. I embroidered the denim with all the accessories a good cowgirl needs like pink boots, a pink hat and even branded it with the family brand.
Hope she likes it. . . you know, enough to spit up on it or something.

4 comments:

  1. I had no idea YOU were the MasterMind behind the Wombat costume! Well done Bradi!! The quilt is adorable and I'm sure it will be well loved (spit-up and all).

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH, I hate to brag. . . but I've also made a sloth costume for Emerson although we had to keep explaining what he was!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous! I love that you put your family brand on it. I know it will be adored :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the embroidery! Such a great personalized gift! I find out on Monday if I'm getting a niece or nephew...I might be asking you for blanket help :)

    ReplyDelete

So that's what I have to say. What about you?