A Shiksa on a Mission

Balaboosta (n.)(bah-lah-b00-sta) A Yiddish term meaning the perfect housewife
I'm a shiksa on a mission...
It may not be perfection but it's the journey that counts

Sunday, April 24, 2011

Easter, It's Like Butter

For Easter this year we had a brunch with our wonderful friends. But even better? Our wonderful friends had the kids spend the night on Easter Eve. Score! We simply had to make sure that the Easter Bunny knew the kids would not be here and baskets would be delivered to the right place. Flannery wrote a note that told the Easter Bunny where they would be and asked for him to kindly RSVP. Emerson, sly devil, wrote a note stating that they were at home and to make sure he left everything there.

On the menu for Easter this year was Coconut Cupcakes. I made them with and without for the coconut haters out there. They turned out cute as a button. Our friends' child, Flynn, even announced he likes coconut. . . .green coconut. The recipe is from a Barefoot Contessa cookbook. I love her stuff but be warned, it's not for those who fear butter. Her butter consumption can only be measured in pounds. I bet she and Paula Deen keep the butter people in business. So when you look at the recipe and think HOLY *&^%! just know that I didn't make that frosting. I try to keep my cupcakes from exceeding a pound of butter. I made a simple cream cheese frosting. I can't even imagine making her entire recipe for frosting. I think I could have frosted everything in sight had I continued on with it.

I also made a French Apple Tart that I will be making on a very consistent basis now that I know it's a) easy and b) more addictive than crack. Again, butter alert. But, you know, it's Easter and I'm hoping the butter slows down all that sugar in our system. It would be our biggest Easter treat.









2 comments:

  1. I think I need come see you the next time your mom goes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ginny, you should come and whip my kids into shape! Then I'll feed you things made with butter and sugar and baked to ooey gooey perfection.

    ReplyDelete

So that's what I have to say. What about you?