A Shiksa on a Mission

Balaboosta (n.)(bah-lah-b00-sta) A Yiddish term meaning the perfect housewife
I'm a shiksa on a mission...
It may not be perfection but it's the journey that counts

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Music Man?

Listening to NPR in the wee hours of the morning after another brutal 5:30 (that's AM, folks) workout--brutal for both the time of the workout and the workout itself, I heard about this interesting British guy who goes by Gold Panda. He started making music with a computer and an Atari. Yeah, that's odd. But I like it. Of course, it sparks the ol' debate about music and musicians. He's not a musician. He doesn't even consider himself a dj. So where does he fit? His bass and snare on one single actually came from a Japanese album of fireworks. Hmmmm. If the ears like what they hear, is that okay?

Starving musicians of the world, what do you think?

2 comments:

  1. I heard that same story this morning...I thought Shawn would LOVE it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was my same thought! I figured I'd share it and Shawn would have told me he knew about him ages ago and I've changed because I'm so far behind. Why isn't Shawn making music with an Atari and some old records???

    ReplyDelete

So that's what I have to say. What about you?