A Shiksa on a Mission

Balaboosta (n.)(bah-lah-b00-sta) A Yiddish term meaning the perfect housewife
I'm a shiksa on a mission...
It may not be perfection but it's the journey that counts

Thursday, May 19, 2011

"Fashion"

I know that I make fun of Flannery's fashion "sense" a great deal. And, yes, I realize that referring to it as "sense" with the quotations is continuing that trend. I'll even kind of cop to knowing that I may be somewhat indirectly responsible for at least a part of it. Maybe. Okay, so I can be a bit of a rhinestone cowgirl. And I might have a pair of gold glitter shoes that I'm convinced were made by some drag queen somewhere. But I think Flannery has me beat hands down.

And here's my proof.

The other morning while I was taking a shower, Flannery decided to pick out my clothes for the day. Unbeknownst to me. It, of course, was a very sweet gesture but it left me pretty speechless which, as you know, is hard to do.

Behold. The Outfit.
A navy blue with turquoise diamonds sheer top.
A black and white flowered linen skirt.

Purple platform loafers.

Red and gray star knee socks.

A hot pink silk scarf.

A vintage green and white embroidered sweater.

And the entire ensemble in all its glory.


How do I make her understand that although they are all my clothes, if I wear them together as she has planned that I will spend the whole day explaining that I did not unexpectedly go off of my Lithium and, no, I won't be needing a ride to the free clinic?

No comments:

Post a Comment

So that's what I have to say. What about you?