A Shiksa on a Mission

Balaboosta (n.)(bah-lah-b00-sta) A Yiddish term meaning the perfect housewife
I'm a shiksa on a mission...
It may not be perfection but it's the journey that counts

Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Make Some Noise

I have a deep and abiding love for the Beastie Boys so I'm especially delighted to see that they are back and in fine form. I am also happy to see that they haven't lost their sense of humor.

As I watched this video, I was reminded of the age of videos and so I looked some up. I ended up going through a host of Beastie Boys live performances for Mtv (back when the "M" stood for Music). Then I decided I would share it with my children. You know how you want to share with your kids when you learned how to pop and lock or do the robot or fight for your right to party. My kids watched for about a fraction of a second until they were bored by mom's old people music and they left. They're dead to me now.

I know my children will break my heart over and over again as they grow into their own versions of themselves but I didn't think it would be over my beloved Beastie Boys.

No comments:

Post a Comment

So that's what I have to say. What about you?