A Shiksa on a Mission

Balaboosta (n.)(bah-lah-b00-sta) A Yiddish term meaning the perfect housewife
I'm a shiksa on a mission...
It may not be perfection but it's the journey that counts

Monday, May 16, 2011

New Chicks on the Block

We lost two but we gained three.
I'd like to introduce the newest members to our family.


Olive Oil who is a Naked Neck. Yes, her neck will remain nekkid. She looks very much like a tiny ostrich. She's mine and I adore her. It's funny but the lady at the farm store said that boys pick these birds more than girls. Emerson picked her although she became my favorite immediately.
Betsy Black who is called Ms. Black. She's a Cuckoo Maran and will eventually lay chocolate brown eggs. I wanted her since the variety of eggs is so great. She's very mellow and can be handled way more than the other ladies.
Princess Buttercup is a Sicilian Buttercup and she's adorable with her cute little mask. Flannery named her after the Princess Bride.

We're very excited to have them on board at the Five Cent Farm. We'll definitely keep you all updated!

1 comment:

So that's what I have to say. What about you?