A Shiksa on a Mission

Balaboosta (n.)(bah-lah-b00-sta) A Yiddish term meaning the perfect housewife
I'm a shiksa on a mission...
It may not be perfection but it's the journey that counts

Tuesday, June 28, 2011

I Spy

And here's the finished product. A bottle filled with dyed rice and little baubles I found around the house. I did not finish the last part which was to make a list/take a picture of everything that needed to be spied. Procrastination got the best of me. Procrastination and single parenthood and probably bad TV if I'm being really honest.

The funny thing about this little project was the kids loved it until they started spotting their things in the bottle and they wanted them back. My defense? Everything I put in there was found on the floor. If you truly love something and want to keep it, you don't leave it for the vacuum cleaner.

Words to live by.

But it really was a hit. We discussed it for miles. And I'm thinking this is going to make good gifts. Also thinking about monochromatic I Spy Bottles. Well, we'll see what comes up when I clean the kids' rooms.

No comments:

Post a Comment

So that's what I have to say. What about you?