A Shiksa on a Mission

Balaboosta (n.)(bah-lah-b00-sta) A Yiddish term meaning the perfect housewife
I'm a shiksa on a mission...
It may not be perfection but it's the journey that counts

Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Pizza from the Grill


When I first heard about grilled pizza, I had visions of goo dripping right through each grate in the grill. I figured it would be the end of my grill so I put off even attempting it. No more. I'm determined to become the master of grilled pizza and I'm off to a winning start.

First of all I read this how to. Yes, reading really IS fundamental.

Then I grilled eggplants and some chicken sausage. I used Trader Joe's pre-made dough oiled with some canola oil. And it worked!

After I grilled the dough, I brushed on more olive oil and then covered the bread in eggplant, sausage, tomatoes, fresh mozzarella torn to pieces and fresh spinach from the garden. I sprinkled on some salt and pepper and slid it back on the grill.

And then I inhaled it whole.....Okay, maybe not but practically. It was everything I had dreamed grilled pizza could be without the gooey messiness.

I now declare this to be the Summer of the Grilled Pizza.

No comments:

Post a Comment

So that's what I have to say. What about you?