A Shiksa on a Mission

Balaboosta (n.)(bah-lah-b00-sta) A Yiddish term meaning the perfect housewife
I'm a shiksa on a mission...
It may not be perfection but it's the journey that counts

Saturday, June 18, 2011

Potato Perfection

I don't know where I'd be without potatoes. Seriously. Potatoes would be a desert island necessity for me. I love them in so many different ways. And who doesn't, right? My kids. My kids like them, eh, enough. That boggles the mind. Even more than their absolute disdain for macaroni and cheese, their utter ambivalence about potatoes is one of life's great mysteries. Well, at least to me. They are now more into french fries which first mystified me until I thought HEY, my kids don't covet fried potatoes more than precious oxygen which, by the way, I kind of do. I really have to hold myself back from not inhaling fried potatoes at every meal. Of course, Flannery will not eat them mashed and Emerson has only recently come around to the idea that roasted potatoes NOT in the shape of a french fry still taste good.

But we roasted these lovelies up the other night as part of the Send Reggie to China Farewell Tour which included filling him up full of the foods he likes and won't be getting. Big fat steak fries. And what is not to like? These Idahoans, olive oil, salt and pepper in a super hot oven. Crispy. Fluffy. Heavenly.

My desert island is going to rock.

No comments:

Post a Comment

So that's what I have to say. What about you?