A Shiksa on a Mission

Balaboosta (n.)(bah-lah-b00-sta) A Yiddish term meaning the perfect housewife
I'm a shiksa on a mission...
It may not be perfection but it's the journey that counts

Thursday, July 7, 2011

Chair Repair

I had this chair that was headed for the chair cemetery and I had long ago lost any desire to fix that. Sorry, Chair, but it's true. Then I decided to give it a new job. No longer would it heave and creak under our body weight. I did the best Portlandia thing I could do. I put a plant on it. (P.S. Plants are the new birds)

Chair with its chair-ness removed (translation--no seat)


Spray paint. . . .oh how I love thee
Chair Planter

And soon I will plant something super duper vine-y to crawl and twist around it's arms and legs and envelope it in even more life. Live, Chair, LIVE!

Now I have an inkling of what Dr. Frankenstein must have felt like.

No comments:

Post a Comment

So that's what I have to say. What about you?