A Shiksa on a Mission

Balaboosta (n.)(bah-lah-b00-sta) A Yiddish term meaning the perfect housewife
I'm a shiksa on a mission...
It may not be perfection but it's the journey that counts

Sunday, July 17, 2011

Garlic Scape Pesto


When I was rewarded for cat sitting with two weeks of fresh produce from the local farm, I faced the challenge of not letting my good fortune go to waste. When given garlic scapes, I made pesto. It has garlic scapes, hazelnuts, spinach (fresh from my garden) and olive oil. I think I even threw in a handful of basil leaves from my plant. Of course, it also has salt and pepper. And it's good to the last drop.

It may not seem much like summer outside but it tastes like it with this pesto.

1 comment:

  1. Yayyyy!!!! Thanks for cat sitting Shakti!!!

    ReplyDelete

So that's what I have to say. What about you?