A Shiksa on a Mission

Balaboosta (n.)(bah-lah-b00-sta) A Yiddish term meaning the perfect housewife
I'm a shiksa on a mission...
It may not be perfection but it's the journey that counts

Thursday, July 7, 2011

Summer Staples

In an effort to eat my way through summer and enjoy everything it has to offer, I have been savoring the flavors of the season and make the most of the garden along with the local farmer's markets.

fresh herbs mixed with goat cheese

toast with the goat cheese, turkey, lettuce and tomatoes--my breakfast of choice
juicy, ripe cantaloupe
strawberries meet rhubarb

And there is more to come!
Today is supposed to be cooler in Portland so I'm thinking we'll be making jam today at the Five Cent Farm.

No comments:

Post a Comment

So that's what I have to say. What about you?