A Shiksa on a Mission

Balaboosta (n.)(bah-lah-b00-sta) A Yiddish term meaning the perfect housewife
I'm a shiksa on a mission...
It may not be perfection but it's the journey that counts

Thursday, September 29, 2011

Green Goddess

Although I have all the classic signs of a run of the mill sinus infection, I am admittedly a horrible sick person so I have convinced myself that it's not just a sinus infection but proof that I was abducted by aliens and nasally probed probably with a Hi-Liter in yellow or green. My other theories are consumption or Bubonic Plague.  I feel like the extras from The Walking Dead except I take hot showers every morning so I'm Walking Dead on the inside but shiny and scrubbed on the exterior.  Just goes to show the old "never judge a book by its cover" adage is correct at times when consumption and alien abduction are suspected. Here's the concoction I came up with to feel like I had a leg to stand on in the fight against the sinister sinus infection plague that is taking over my life. 

I told Reggie I made this smoothie and he guaranteed that I would never have to share it with him. Ever.  I tried again this morning but he assured me it was all mine.  He did say he would try it if I could ever figure out how to make it not look like the The Excorcist green pea soup scene.  Alas, I can't. He doesn't know what he is missing. Cover Judger.

Kale Smoothie
It's about 2 cups coconut milk blended with anywhere from a teaspoon to a tablespoon of honey and about a good cup of kale (but just the leaves and not the thick ribs).  After the milk reaches a lovely shade of green, I add in frozen strawberries and papaya, one whole orange and a whole banana. And then I puree it until it's all a thick green goop.  Mmmmmm. Goop.

I made this recipe up using ones I'd seen before and what was in my house. You can make it using whatever you have too. I'm ready to hear about smoothies you like because I've already got the blender out and this plague may linger.  And I've learned not to judge the person by the goopy green stuff they put in their cup. That's my new adage.

1 comment:

  1. I hope you are better before you head down south! I don't want you to share

    ReplyDelete

So that's what I have to say. What about you?