A Shiksa on a Mission

Balaboosta (n.)(bah-lah-b00-sta) A Yiddish term meaning the perfect housewife
I'm a shiksa on a mission...
It may not be perfection but it's the journey that counts

Thursday, September 8, 2011

The Greens

What my garden gave me recently.  Lettuce, cukes, peppers and rainbow chard.  I never thought that homegrown lettuce would really matter to me but DAMN it does.  I really can't lie.  I'm a lettuce snob.  And since I've stated that and I've picked all of my lettuce, it is time to plant some more.  The cukes were quick pickled to deliciousness.  The peppers were roasted (more on that later).  And tonight I added a bit of chard to the roasting cauliflower to ease the family into chard territory.  Baby steps. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

So that's what I have to say. What about you?