A Shiksa on a Mission

Balaboosta (n.)(bah-lah-b00-sta) A Yiddish term meaning the perfect housewife
I'm a shiksa on a mission...
It may not be perfection but it's the journey that counts

Monday, October 31, 2011

Evil Made Easy

This Halloween I was tasked (actually I cheerfully volunteered) to make specimen jars for the Mad Scientist's Laboratory at the school's Harvest Carnival.  So I did what any evil and insane scientific mind gone horribly wrong would do....I took Jell-o (which, sorry everyone, is pretty disgusting even sans floating heads) and added basic items to gel in them.  Some good ones were cauliflower, soy linguine noodles and a big knob of ginger. But the very best was when I sawed off the top of Barbie's decapitated head, glued on a walnut for a brain (insert Barbie/walnut brain joke here) and floated her in a mixture of lime and black cherry Jell-o.  Runner up was the fingerling potato finger with just a hint of black nail polish. 

I believe this is what they refer to as Finding Your Calling.

No comments:

Post a Comment

So that's what I have to say. What about you?