A Shiksa on a Mission

Balaboosta (n.)(bah-lah-b00-sta) A Yiddish term meaning the perfect housewife
I'm a shiksa on a mission...
It may not be perfection but it's the journey that counts

Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Baker-rific

This last week and weekend I was apparently bitten by the baking bug because I went all out on the baked goods.  I made some desserts for a potluck with some wonderful women and then I just couldn't stop baking.

I made this Flourless Chocolate Cake and liked it so much that I made it again the next night.  But I'm pretty sure that the first time, I accidentally left out the sugar but don't tell Martha because I bet she has a bad temper for that kind of laziness and a mean right hook. The second time I remembered.  I think the first one tasted better.  You be the judge. It is so incredibly easy and delicious.

Then I made this French Apple Tart but I made a million changes.  I used apples and pear because that's what I had.  I used phyllo dough because it was there. And I changed the apricot jam and rum that you brush on the top to my homemade fig jam and pear brandy.  It was still good.  It's one of those recipes that you don't need to actually follow to the letter.  And you can tell that to the Barefoot Contessa because she doesn't scare me like Martha.

Next I made some Pumpkin Pie Snickerdoodles only because I stumbled upon the recipe and the kid were still busy doing their chores.  I have the time so I might as well bake. They were tasty and easy.

Lastly I made this Nutmeg Coffee Cake to have on hand when my friend came over for coffee. It makes this crust on the bottom and it tastes great melting in your mouth with coffee. Plus, I have to admit that I simply love love love nutmeg. 

Give one a try!

No comments:

Post a Comment

So that's what I have to say. What about you?