A Shiksa on a Mission

Balaboosta (n.)(bah-lah-b00-sta) A Yiddish term meaning the perfect housewife
I'm a shiksa on a mission...
It may not be perfection but it's the journey that counts

Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Tart

The sweltering heat is coming. We've been warned. So I was up early to bake a pie crust before the house started to melt around us. I remember when I was growing up in the Southwest that everyone would do their one big heat related thing in the early hours. If you needed to mow the lawn, you got up and did it before the crack o' dawn. If there was something that had to be baked, it was an early morning chore. This idea may explain why I get up in the morning ready to roll but I'm ready for a nap by 1pm. I'm ripe for a siesta loving country.

I got this recipe off of Joy the Baker. It is supposed to be a Fig and Apricot Tart but I had nectarines, blackberries, strawberries and blueberries so I zigged instead of zagged.  It seems like the perfect thing for the upcoming heatwave. Cold food for hot people.






Okay, temps. We're ready for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

So that's what I have to say. What about you?