A Shiksa on a Mission

Balaboosta (n.)(bah-lah-b00-sta) A Yiddish term meaning the perfect housewife
I'm a shiksa on a mission...
It may not be perfection but it's the journey that counts

Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Pickled

My day of pickling yielded 30 jars of beautiful vegetables surrounded by herbs and spices. It was definitely one of my favorite days from summer because I really love projects that have a beginning, middle and end that are all in plain sight of each other. I was inspired by the book Tart and Sweet that I saw when I was visiting my mom. And because the book was on loan from the library (for a trial run before I decide on purchasing), I decided to try more than one recipe. I made Spicy Dill Pickles, Bread and Butter Pickles, Escabeche, Spicy Pickled Cauliflower and Spicy Curry Carrot Pickles. And then I collapsed into a pot of brine.




No comments:

Post a Comment

So that's what I have to say. What about you?