A Shiksa on a Mission

Balaboosta (n.)(bah-lah-b00-sta) A Yiddish term meaning the perfect housewife
I'm a shiksa on a mission...
It may not be perfection but it's the journey that counts

Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Figs

Figs are here. It's that wonderful time of year when my fig tree finally gives me a reason to love it. I love it. But like many dysfunctional relationships, it doesn't always give me what I want. I want more figs. But I need more patience. This year I got a good little crop. Enough to eat a few here and there for breakfast, make a small batch of preserves with some lemon and cardamom, bake some little fig cakes with orange syrup and maybe even infuse some bourbon. All small amounts but enough to savor and look forward to next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment

So that's what I have to say. What about you?