A Shiksa on a Mission

Balaboosta (n.)(bah-lah-b00-sta) A Yiddish term meaning the perfect housewife
I'm a shiksa on a mission...
It may not be perfection but it's the journey that counts

Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Indian Food

I recently fell in love with yet another cookbook. I'm a fickle woman when it comes to the direct line between my heart and my stomach. But when the love connection is made, I'm a happy woman. I came across Anjum's New Indian Cookbook at the library (but of course) and I was immediately smitten by the pictures of gorgeous food that I wanted to eat right off the page. I kept the book for several renewals just to try a few more recipes before parting with it. But then I decided that it's official. I'm buying it. The final decision came about as I was making the meal pictured: Spicy Black Eyed Pea Curry. Comfort food with some good old fashioned Indian spice. It was love at first bite but I took several more because it was just that good.

No comments:

Post a Comment

So that's what I have to say. What about you?