A Shiksa on a Mission

Balaboosta (n.)(bah-lah-b00-sta) A Yiddish term meaning the perfect housewife
I'm a shiksa on a mission...
It may not be perfection but it's the journey that counts

Tuesday, January 22, 2013

My Milkshake Is Better Than Yours

 ...and it's for breakfast.
Here is what fuels me most mornings around here.







Coconut Milk
Oatmeal 
Peanut Butter or Almond Butter
Banana
Cocoa Powder
Vanilla
Ice Cubes
Variations: Sometimes I add Greek Yogurt or I'll put in honey if I only have half a banana.And I used milk when I run out of coconut milk.

I soak the oats in the milk to soften them while I take the dog for a walk or make lunches for the kids. I add a spoonful of cocoa powder, about a tsp of vanilla, one whole banana and a few spoonfuls of nut butter. A few ice cubes and I let the blender rip until it's all good.

It reminds me of a better version of the Carnation Instant Breakfast (you're gonna love it in an instant!) I used to have when I was a kid.

Keeps me full until lunch and it's a great treat after my early AM workouts.

1 comment:

  1. Is that what makes all the boys to your yard??? Looks yummy!!

    ReplyDelete

So that's what I have to say. What about you?